Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Payment confusion...

emadmoussa

I've just ordered a couple of eyepieces from OptCorp in the US to be delivered to a relative who lives in California. They're coming to the UK next month.

First the payment process won't accept my credit card simply because shipping address and billing address are different. But I used the other option  (Check / Money Order/ Wire Transfer) and the order seems to have gone through.

Does that mean it's been/ will be taken out from my bank account? I'm just hoping this doesn't mean payment on delivery..otherwise, the guy will be very unhappy.

Emad,I had the same issue,which I called them about.I ended up changing my billing address during the check out process,leaving my shipping address in the States.You can go into your acct there and do this now.Call them about the order or get your relative to do it,in order to avoid any confusion.

Emad,I had the same issue,which I called them about.I ended up changing my billing address during the check out process,leaving my shipping address in the States.You can go into your acct there and do this now.Call them about the order or get your relative to do it,in order to avoid any confusion.

I should say that with my Canadian credit card,the billing and shipping addresses were the same & they wouldn't let me change it initially.With this card I left my billing info the same and changed the shipping address.I have accts in the States,which I tried and only added to the confusion..All sorted out now,they are good to deal with.

OK - I placed the order again and this time I used Paypal. It turns out direct bank transfer is more expensive than paying through pPaypal. I already sent them an email asking to forget about my earlier order and use the one paid for...what I mess I am!!!

Buying from America can be a bit of a pain in the behind for the reasons you stated and more. Its best to shop around for companies who will ship direct to Europe. Its not just America though. 

Hope it works out for you and the shipping costs shouldnt be much if only sending to Ca.

P.S.~~~its good manners to contact a relative first and ask if its ok to have stuff sent to them.

I bought something online from an English company before and had it sent to my auntie in Surrey. I didnt let her know before hand, so when it arrived at her house, she refused to sign for it and it was sent back to the company. I'd paid for it by VISA. I didnt want to waste my aunties time trying to track it down again,nor mine,so i simply rang VISA and asked them to deny payment.

It was only about £20.

As long as I dont pay twice...I think I will be fine with duplicates :D

I once got a duplicate of something (7Ah battery pack) from a company (one was free already with my order), and the second arrived for free also a couple of days later. I am as honest as the day is long so i rang them and told them about it and sent payment.

Not quite the same as possibly being charged twice for one item, or paying for 2 identical items when you only need/want one.

I once got a duplicate of something (7Ah battery pack) from a company (one was free already with my order), and the second arrived for free also a couple of days later. I am as honest as the day is long so i rang them and told them about it and sent payment.

Not quite the same as possibly being charged twice for one item, or paying for 2 identical items when you only need/want one.

After they took ages to fix my mount, I asked Explore Scientific to refund me. They did it right away and the next day said they sent back my mount. I had to ring and refund their refund... :)

After they took ages to fix my mount, I asked Explore Scientific to refund me. They did it right away and the next day said they sent back my mount. I had to ring and refund their refund... :)

I believe the law in the UK is that if you're sent something you haven't ordered and not paid for then the item is yours, no obligation what so ever to send it back ;)

I believe the law in the UK is that if you're sent something you haven't ordered and not paid for then the item is yours, no obligation what so ever to send it back ;)

Maybe so, but i am not in the UK and i could not live with myself knowing i got something by mistake that i had not paid for.

I am too honest (some people say to a fault). Its just who and what i am. 

I have found cash on the street etc and i put it into the nearest charity box.

Archived