NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

7 hours on M33

kirkster501

OK my processing is still a work in progress but this is what I now have after 2 hrs Luminance and 1.5 hours each on RGB.  Completely processed in Pixinsight.  Critiques welcomed!  :)  I think I may have slightly over-noise-reduced the bit a third of the way out from the core.

All on my FSQ-85 and 460.  The Tak has so far only "looked" at M33!   This is over two nights.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

post-16295-0-88388200-1386193694_thumb.j

That a great looking M33! I think it could do with a couple more hours of Lum though. I think you could still pull out more details in the arms which will help make those Ha regions "pop" more. Unless you have an Ha filter then definately grab some Ha but doesn't sound like you do.

Thankyou guys.  The imaging sessions for this were not the best skies, sort of "milky" mag 4 skies only.  I am saving the data though and will build upon it.  I have seen some M33's with HII regions all around the spiral arms.  I think i need a HA filter for that.

Anyway, at least proves the new FSQ is good to go.  That was my major objective. 

Archived