Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My MV's arrived.

paul mc c

Ordered a 24mm and 16mm Max Vision eyepiece and comparing them to the Meade 5000 SWA's that i have these are identical.I was expecting the coatings to be different or maybe the build not an solid,but no,as with the Meade lovely sharp field stop which i love in an eyepiece,of course i hav'nt had first light as yet but have no doubt they will perform just as good.

These are really good quality eyepieces at an amazing price that i as sure wont be around for long.

I think so mate,i paid a lot more for the Meade ones i have,only i have these i would have jumped at the MV's.The 28mm is a cracking eyepiece.

Very tempting but I'm not sure that I'm ready for the step up to 2" and two sets of filters. I'm assuming that they don't make 28mm+ in the 1 1/4 range or maybe the good people as ES have just sold out????

Paul

68deg and 28mm won't fit in a 1.25" barrel unfortunately. I bought the 24mm as it fit's that bill.

Mind you, as time goes on, I'm rapidly considering buying the the rest (whilst they're there to be had at these prices) as I find I'm getting on very well with the 68deg(approx) EPs in the longer focal lengths. I bought the 40mm for my frac (and for a laugh) but it also served to show me, along with the others, that I'm one of those people who isn't as fussed by UWA EPs as he thought he might be. An unintended side effect, but t'was thus, none the less.

I  bought and would highly recommend, the ES82s as a VFM UWA, but we've also seen a a few Nagler and Ethos users 'regress' to Delos, which suggests there's a FOV that suits people and it isn't always the widest one. Okay, Delos offers a massive ocular and long eye relief to look through which makes access to the FOV so much easier, but this holds true (to a lesser degree) with the MV/ES68 EPs too.

The extra FOV is definitely useful in the shorter FLs, but the way the SWAs are pin sharp across the entire FOV of my F6 OOUK Newt, is an compelling argument in itself. For slower visual Newts, or lesser FOV EPs? You decide....

Russell

Russell,

Which ever way you dress it up we are all different and no one eyepiece will suite everyone, for some rather odd and wallet emptying reason I get on with all of them. It is only in the last few weeks one of the site members found he couldn't get on with Delos and prefered the Radians smaller FOV, a very underrated and a little forgotten range of eyepieces I feel. I tend to pick eyepieces depending on targets and scope combo, but to agree with you, if I had a pound for every time I reached for the 35mm Panoptic first we could both have a new set of one of the TV ranges.

For your information though I am sure you know that full range are very good indeed, thats based on having the meades in the past.

Alan.

I have owned the 34mm and I found it very easy to use and it gave excellent views, my only quibble would be the lack of an rubber eye guard but I am sure that's just a personal preference.

For the outlay I believe the MV range is a steal :smiley:

Some time ago I bought a 9mm omegon 100 deg eyepiece and was surprised how sharp it was. I have some trouble finding good (cheap) eyepieces for my 12" dob ,since the focal ratio is a bit under F5. Anyways, then I started researching different options to get an "as wide as it gets" 1.25" view and a 2" eyepiece which would provide me with a 7mm exit pupil. 

Today I received my 34mm MV and I am waiting for the clouds to clear (again). I already got a small peek at orion nebula,and the view seems to be quite fine. There was some astigmatism on the edge of the view, but it is probably caused by a lazily collimated scope and/or the primary mirror which is probably still cooling down.

My current 24mm solution is a 68deg hyperion which seems to be a total nightmare on my fast scope. I am looking into switching to a 24mm MV. Hopefully it will give me better views.  

I briefly owned the 24mm and 16mm mv's and combined them with a bresser telextender. Giving a nice set up of 24/16/12/8 . I was very impressed in the build quality and performance . This was at f6 . But I hear they perform in faster scopes too.

Archived