NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

lx90 12"

whats peeps thoughts on the lx 90 compared to the lx200, i believe its a lot lighter for a start, also what about the ota, its the latest one with uhtc and coma free, this kind of set up is perfect for me, and how would it compare to my 9.25 cpc. thanks everyone

Mike you must have square eyes looking at all these scopes :D my friend has a lx200 12" he says there good but i have never looked through one

. i do hope you make your mind up soon ;) it may be best if you dont look through my scope next Saturday if your going :D

Mike you must have square eyes looking at all these scopes :D my friend has a lx200 12" he says there good but i have never looked through one

. i do hope you make your mind up soon ;) it may be best if you dont look through my scope next Saturday if your going :D

hi dan, my eyes are square now lol, just wondered what the lx200 was like compared to the lx90, ota,s are the same but a grand difference, i will let you no about next saturday i no im in work on the sunday for 6, but hopefully be there with my 9 year old, cheers dan.p.s. if you get a chance to look through your mates lx 12" let me no what its like

If it's only for visual use then not much point paying for more precision designed for imaging . I found the 10" Meade SCT superb for visual use on the alt az fork mount, quick to set up and very accurate GOTO.

There's easier ways for imaging .

Dave

If it's only for visual use then not much point paying for more precision designed for imaging . I found the 10" Meade SCT superb for visual use on the alt az fork mount, quick to set up and very accurate GOTO.

There's easier ways for imaging .

Dave

i find the 9.25 great to be honest, im just after more light collection so it would need to be 12" or 11" celestron sct

Meade LX90 12" seems quite a bit cheaper than CPC 1100, for an inch less, and a lot cheaper than Edge HD, but Meade seems to be in short supply, maybe something to do with recent events at Meade.

I think the only way to decide visually is to find them both at a star party side by side :)

Dave

Meade LX90 12" seems quite a bit cheaper than CPC 1100, for an inch less, and a lot cheaper than Edge HD, but Meade seems to be in short supply, maybe something to do with recent events at Meade.

I think the only way to decide visually is to find them both at a star party side by side :)

Dave

best prices a got was lx200 12" £4,459 lx90 12" £2999, cpc 1100 £2459 and cpc edge 1100 was £4319, but the 12" of yours would be great, like im sure yours is

I looked through one, it was a bit shaky but the optics are really good. Looked perfectly flat to me, even with a 82 degree eyepiece.

However, If I were to get me one of these I would get the lx200, I found the lx90 a bit to flimsy for me.

Archived