NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD for two mounts?

JamesF

Yes you can do that - but you need two comports, EQDIRs, joysticks etc. EQMOD installs two separate instances of the EQMOD ASCOM driver. If you look in the ASCOM chooser list you should see both. When it comes yo gamepad control EQMOD will automatically select the first gamepad it sees so if using two 'EQMODs' you need to go into the gamepad config area and force each EQMOD to use a different Gamepad (there is a dropdown to select).

Quite whether your planeatrium of choice is capable of supporting multiple mounts simultaneously is another matter.

Chris.

Ah, no.  Clearly I was inadequately specific in my question :D

I'm not worried about concurrent use.  Just the ability to switch between two different mounts at different times.

James

Hi James,

The answer to that would be yes.

Open up the full EQMod panel by clicking the button with a spanner and three ">" symbols and then click the notepad icon in the "Alignment/Sync" section, you can then load and save up to 10 alignment presets. You can also change the default "Empty_0" text to something of your own choosing ... in your case, which mount the preset is for.

This is assuming, of course, that the mounts are being set up in exactly the same position/not being moved. :)

Damien 

I plan eventually to run two mounts simultaneously but I considered trying to run both from the same computer as too hairy :D  It's bad enough running 3 cameras concurrently with 3 scopes or lenses with their separate focusers etc. on the same mount.  No, the second pier + mount + imaging rig will be run from a separate computer (probably netbook) at the second pier site with a TeamViewer link to my desktop indoors.  My modus operandi would probably be to get the primary rig running and capturing data first then switch TeamViewer to the second and set that up and running.

I really have far too many projects on the go :D  My imagination seems to know no bounds but my physical abilities (and time) just can't keep up  :eek:

Ah, no.  Clearly I was inadequately specific in my question :D

I'm not worried about concurrent use.  Just the ability to switch between two different mounts at different times.

James

I think I would still use the two instances of the EQMOD ASCOM driver as by doing so you can ensure that a completely separate set of ini files is maintained for each mount (so you can have his and hers voice prompts for each mount if you really want!). One thing I forgot to mention was that on the setup screen there is a friendly name field you can enter - this is displayed on the main eqascom interface when it pops up - that way you can check you've started up the right instance for the mount.

Chris.

What about running two virtual machines, each with a separate install of the whole imaging software shebang?  I have thought of doing that.  Indeed, you could leave one imaging instance on the host machine and then run another instance inside a VM.

Archived