NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flying Horse Nebula NGC 7380

Velvet

posting the data gathered so far but will prbably add more data when i get chance.

Ha         19 x 600s 

Oiii        11 x 600s

Sii          12 x 600s

Data gathered at home and Wymeswold.

Flats  x 20

Bias   x 20

Stacked in maxim

Registar for align

and PS level and curves + hubble recipe.  No other alterations

ant comments or advice welcome

Velvet

5e5ed1c27d37b59849015f7cfdd46fdb.1824x0_

Great image Velvet.  I'm new to NB imaging so still fumbling about but have you tried Filter - Noise - Reduce Noise..., then in the window set the Reduce Colour Noise slider to 100%.  I've found that this helps to reduce the magenta in the stars.

Great image Velvet.  I'm new to NB imaging so still fumbling about but have you tried Filter - Noise - Reduce Noise..., then in the window set the Reduce Colour Noise slider to 100%.  I've found that this helps to reduce the magenta in the stars.

thanks for that, i have only been doing NB for a few months so still fumbling about in the dark :(

Hi Velvet,

That looks so nice. Lovely stars, dust and wispy OIII.

It looks a bit magenta on here so I downloaded and opened it in PS. It doesn't looks so pronounced in PS but the info tool ( Set 4x4 ) says it is. I dropped Magenta a bit ( -10 )and that left it blue. I dropped the blue ( -8 ) and that left it green ! Then I used HLVG on medium and that sorted it :) Nice flat neutral background but it is just the Jpeg from here.

I used colour noise as Mike suggested but at 80%. That just leaves the two bright stars. For them I...... left them alone :)

A well presented image,

Dave.

Hi Velvet,

That looks so nice. Lovely stars, dust and wispy OIII.

It looks a bit magenta on here so I downloaded and opened it in PS. It doesn't looks so pronounced in PS but the info tool ( Set 4x4 ) says it is. I dropped Magenta a bit ( -10 )and that left it blue. I dropped the blue ( -8 ) and that left it green ! Then I used HLVG on medium and that sorted it :) Nice flat neutral background but it is just the Jpeg from here.

I used colour noise as Mike suggested but at 80%. That just leaves the two bright stars. For them I...... left them alone :)

A well presented image,

Dave.

thanks for that, so its just my processing that needs to be improved then :lol:  i am not surprised as I am still learning all that stuff  :help:

I took a copy and had a play too.  :smile:  As you say even after the Colour Noise Reduction, the two brights were still a bit pink, so I reduced the saturation on the Magenta using the Image - Adjustments - Hue/Saturation function, and that looked like it whitened them up.  Not sure if that spoils anything else.

post-5202-0-62043800-1384183557_thumb.jp

Superb - what method did you use in the end to get rid of the magenta?

i just went back in and used the magenta slider to reduce it in selective colour, 2 second job :) it was as simple as that.  Did not do anything else.  so i suppose simple is best :D

Archived