Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jup GRS reprocess

Freddie

post-7987-0-73415200-1383777091.jpg

This is a reprocess of an image I added to the end of my previous thread. Happier with this version, though still haven't got the bottom left edge quite right. It's taking a while to get back into planetary processing as it's nothing like DSO.

Hi Freddie, it can take time to get back into the swing of it for sure. Much prefer this process. Colour is certainly nicer.This is the colour balance I like to get. ( just done another GRS shot myself but colour was slightly off )  I like the way you have saturated the colour but kept the whites quite clean with more lift. Makes the GRS stand out nice and red. With the blue festoons also nicely presented. Lovely colour balance to me. Like it

I prefer the reprocess also Freddie.

Nothing like days and days of clouds for us all to get our processing skills up to scratch. Hopefully this will be time well spent when we get the crystal clear nights with great seeing:-)

Pete

Thanks for the comments guys. Just need some more data to play with now.

Here's a slightly toned down version for Stuart. Thought it may have been your super sensitive eyes from chasing cows round dark fields!! You are right though and I think this is an improvement. Thanks for pointing it out.

post-7987-0-62679000-1383856404.jpg

Now that is a sight for super sensitive eyes he he! Looks better contrast on my screen for sure Freddie showing off that very nice detail. Damian Peach's images have a lot of contrast to emphasize the detail on Jupiter.

Webbed feet would be better for chasing cows at the moment with all this rain. :shocked:

Archived