Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first horsehead

mikeobrien

If this is you're first horsehead neb image, you should be very happy.  It's cracking.

Also shows what you can get out of a reasonably priced one shot colour camera.  Don't think you can get much in this hobby for the price of a qhy8L.  What do you think of it in general?  They seem to be the 'marmite' of the ccd world, you either love or hate them. 

I love the qhy8l its really sensitive very easy to use and has consistently given me great results. It does have quite a few hot pixels but they are easily delt with. The chip size is massive (APS-C). I won't be changing mine in a hurry I was using an unmoded canon7d and 40d but the why is far superior lower noise more sensitive less effected by sky fogging.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's a great first horsehead - congratulations.

Looks like you have not used flats on this image and I really would encourage you to give them a go - they'll deal with the vignetting you're seeing in the corners.  I know people say they are a faff, but I use the white t-shirt method and it's easy to shoot a set at dusk or dawn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived