Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way

Leo.A

Here's my latest attempt at a Milky Way panorama.

Having it appear directly overhead at my Aussie location makes it somewhat harder to capture what I'd like but I like the results (after watching countless video tutorials on LightRoom 5, which I've nowhere near mastered).

MW_LR_4_10_3_WM_zpsd6b4b496.jpg

Lived in the Perth area until September this year, wish I had come back to astronomy sooner.

The Milky Way in the Southern skies is stunning, especially from the multitude of dark sites. Plus some of the DSO's are second to none.

The only thing they need down there is a better Pole star......

I agree about the pole star. Everyone explains how to use the polar alignment scope on my 2 synscan mounts (EQ3, EQ5) but it's not so easy in the southern hemisphere. I can't wait for pole shift, then the northerners can put up with what their southern cousins have had to contend with, lol.

I wish everyone could see what I see most nights when the moon is not out, I still think it's the most spectacular view on earth.

Archived