NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed it as well, just got back and kids sorted in time to sit and watch it. Only just found out 10 mins before it that little philae had survived as was travelling back from Kielder, kids thought I had won the lottery when I shouted "YES!" :)

Just been out to my mum's and it is clearing into a lovely evening, however I can only see Venus right now but it is nice and bright this evening. Not stopping up to see anything else as I feel really tired. Think the only thing I'll be viewing this evening is the back of my eyelids ;)

Ooh, I've got Jupiter aswell now my eyes have adjusted a bit more. It's getting ever nearer to Venus, ready for their closest on 30th June. Fingers crossed for a clear evening for that one!

Not waiting for anything else to appear this evening. I can hear my bed calling. Night all :)

Watched the Dara O'Briain and Stephen Hawking programme this morning, and I really enjoyed it. Makes me want to watch The Theory of Everything now, which I have had on DVD for about 2 weeks and not got round to watching yet. I have been warned to have a box of tissues on the ready though!

Looking forward to Gain's talk tomorrow. It should be a good one. It'll be nice to finally meet you Neil. Hopefully, you can make it :)

Watched the Dara O'Briain and Stephen Hawking programme this morning, and I really enjoyed it. Makes me want to watch The Theory of Everything now, which I have had on DVD for about 2 weeks and not got round to watching yet. I have been warned to have a box of tissues on the ready though!

Looking forward to Gain's talk tomorrow. It should be a good one. It'll be nice to finally meet you Neil. Hopefully, you can make it :)

Iv not watched it yet but I have seen the film. It's a brilliant film and we both enjoyed it. I carnt say its a weepy but it is good and gives an insight to his and his ex wife's life and what they both went through.

I'm looking forward to Gain's talk also seems ages since we all got together and if there's still room I'm going for curry after [emoji2]

Mark

Oh, how little you know me if you are still asking "if" I am mad!

Just come back in after a quick viewing session. Had a look at Venus, Jupiter, Vega and Lyra. Not much else as it is still fairly light, and my bed is calling. See you all tomorrow :)

Think I already know you are mad Vicky ;)

Glad you got out last night

It was nice to have half an hour, and it's a shame I'm on earlies as I probably would have stopped out a bit longer just refreshing myself with the locations a few of the constellations and the names of their brighter stars. It's good to get back to basics sometimes when the light nights mean we can't do any DSO viewing.

Think we've all got to be a little mad just to do this hobby lol ;)

Archived