NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll update website when I get back from Kielder, iPad won't let me do it, but Gains talk will be amazing! I am sure he will be prepared for some heckling though! ;)

Damian when I know my way around the sky like you do then I'll be a happy astro, until then think most of us will be in your shadow! :)

Too bad Vicky about the clouds, but Glad you are making the most of it!

I will post another snap this time of Lovejoy from last night's observing session, close to Polaris at about 1o'clock. Again this was taken on the Canon with the 250mm lens. Think it was a 30sec exposure as it is so close to Polaris I could get away with it with minimal trailing. :)

Tried to mess about with processing but the iPad is rubbish at it, so I might do something with it when I get home on PS.

post-22085-0-32871500-1433021764_thumb.j

Nice pic Soupy! The clouds are clearing over Ossett/Horbury but I don't think I'm in a fit state to do any observing now lol. Oh well, the Disaronno was nice ;)

Love a good smooth amaretto especially after a meal out

Nice pic Soupy! The clouds are clearing over Ossett/Horbury but I don't think I'm in a fit state to do any observing now lol. Oh well, the Disaronno was nice ;)

Nice shot Soupy

Cheers Vicky and Damian, needs some work but not too bad :)

Vicky, I would thank you if you drank all my Disaronno. Can't stand the stuff, too much like liquid marzipan! :p

Give me any other alcohol and I'll finish the lot. That reminds me time for another Whiskey! ;)

Vicky, I would thank you if you drank all my Disaronno. Can't stand the stuff, too much like liquid marzipan! :p

Give me any other alcohol and I'll finish the lot. That reminds me time for another Whiskey! ;)

You either love one drink or hate it, I'm not that keen on Whisky (Whiskey if you are from the emerald Isle) but in the meantime there is always Astronomy as a distraction  :grin:

You either love one drink or hate it, I'm not that keen on Whisky (Whiskey if you are from the emerald Isle) but in the meantime there is always Astronomy as a distraction  :grin:

I'm partial to being persuaded though  :grin:

Just found this link to help anyone find it who may be interested. I'm going to have a go next time it is clear. Thank you again - another little one in my "binocular viewing bank" :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coathanger.png

a little guide here http://earthsky.org/favorite-star-patterns/the-coathanger-a-binocular-star-hop-adventure

Just found this link to help anyone find it who may be interested. I'm going to have a go next time it is clear. Thank you again - another little one in my "binocular viewing bank" :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coathanger.png

Looked at it many time's and always a nice find. Usually I star hop down from Albireo at the bottom of Cygnus as thats really easy to spot. Also worth a look whilst down there is M27 dumbell neb and also the globular cluster M71 in Sagitta

Archived