Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight Xpress capture software - any good?

AlistairHowie

I'm familiar with Artemis Capture for Atik CCDs, but just wondering what the SX capture software is like.  Broadly comparable, a load of rubbish, or something in between?  Just trying to figure out if people generally use it, or get Maxim, Nebulosity, etc instead.  After looking for sometime on the 'Net, I can't find any comments on the SX capture software.

Many thanks

I use Nebulosity with both my SX camera & my QHY8.  I thinks it cuts down the hassle if you have a standard mode of operation for all your cameras, which is what the likes of Nebulosity & Maxim provide.

Never tried it....

When I started in CCD's with an MX7c I went straight to AstroArt...it now controls all my cameras - DSLR's and CCD's.

I have used the ATiK Artemis for my electronic finder (135mm telelens + ATiK16ic) - only because you can't run two PHD screens at the same time.....

Hmmm .... not exactly ringing endorsements!!

So what capture software will plate solve either a previously taken image to allow recentering on an object for multiple night imaging, or solve an image just taken for better synching of my mount. Basically what Astro Tortilla does, but integrated with the inage capture program. I'm just trying to simplify all my software and cable tangle, so the SX Trius looks interesting, if I could just sort out the software side, which currently includes Artemis, PhD, AT, Stellarium, StellariumScope, EQMod, etc.

All thoughts appreciated.

MaxIm DL will do all of this for you. I have two SXV CCD cameras and this is the software I have always used to control the cameras and mount.

The SX software works but it is really just a get you up and started program.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

• 2 months later...

I use Nebulosity with both my SX camera & my QHY8.  I thinks it cuts down the hassle if you have a standard mode of operation for all your cameras, which is what the likes of Nebulosity & Maxim provide.

Hi! Do you know if Nebulosity work well with the new TRIUS series of cameras? Maybe I will buy a SX694.

/Thomas

Archived