NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How much would pay for a second hand 10" dob?

emadmoussa

They seem like nice scopes. I just dislike the focuser...kind of went past single speed focusers. How smooth are they? The focuser with my 200P was either too slippery or too stiff and I needed to give it a nudge sometimes, I'm just assuming they use the same type, don't they?

I bought mine new at full price from FLO and it was a bargain even at that. I love it. The focuser on mine seems quite okay, though my EP's aren't the true heavyweights. I have used an ES 30mm 82° in it and it coped with that okay, no Feather-Touch for sure, but I'm in no rush to upgrade it. There are little grub screws for you to adjust the tension if you need to.

Speaking of EP's, this scope is fairly uncharitable to poorly corrected glassware but I guess a lot depends on how fussy you are.

Hi

I paid £360 for my 250Px flex but that was pretty much brand new

I would say below £300.

I paid £550 for my 250 flex if i sold it for less than £300 thats knocking on for 50% off i would rather keep it than let it go for that

I bought one a few years back off eBay for £100 "Buy it Now". That was an exceptional bargain though and I did have to make a 200 mile round trip to pick it up.

More normally, my "rule of thumb" is around 60% of the new price assuming good glean condition all round. So that would be £260 ish but maybe a bit more if there are one or two decent "extras" thrown in.

Ideally, as little as possible :D but on a serious note, I do not see the point with some of the ones offered on the bay, they are often a bit a bit mad.  40 - 50 quid below new price is a frequent occurrence for DOBs even up to 2 years old, plus having to collect from miles way, may as well buy new form FLO IMO.  The figures I had in my head were much like the ones suggested for a reasonable purchase  2nd hand.  I've seen some SW 10 inch dobs with a buy it now for £ 500 or just under as well, madness  when they can be got cheaper elsewhere. 

I bought mine new at full price from FLO and it was a bargain even at that. I love it. The focuser on mine seems quite okay, though my EP's aren't the true heavyweights. I have used an ES 30mm 82° in it and it coped with that okay, no Feather-Touch for sure, but I'm in no rush to upgrade it. There are little grub screws for you to adjust the tension if you need to.

Speaking of EP's, this scope is fairly uncharitable to poorly corrected glassware but I guess a lot depends on how fussy you are.

Definitely agree Rik, even new it's a bargain at £450. You get a lot of scope for the money.

Second hand, you're probably looking at around £250, and at that price it's really a no-brainer.

I bought one a few years back off eBay for £100 "Buy it Now". That was an exceptional bargain though and I did have to make a 200 mile round trip to pick it up.

More normally, my "rule of thumb" is around 60% of the new price assuming good glean condition all round. So that would be £260 ish but maybe a bit more if there are one or two decent "extras" thrown in.

is that for a solid tube or flextube because flex are more expensive than a solid

is that for a solid tube or flextube because flex are more expensive than a solid

Both the scopes I'm referring to are the solid tube version which is also the type I'd choose if in the market for a 10" dob. The Flextube versions are both more expensive and a little heavier.

I still wish they did the old 12" solid tube dob :undecided:  

Both the scopes I'm referring to are the solid tube version which is also the type I'd choose if in the market for a 10" dob. The Flextube versions are both more expensive and a little heavier.

I still wish they did the old 12" solid tube dob :undecided:  

Not had the solid tube but the flex am very happy with it easy to store a doddle to transport

How much john would a second hand flex fetch in good condition

Not had the solid tube but the flex am very happy with it easy to store a doddle to transport

How much john would a second hand flex fetch in good condition

I'd use the same 60% of the new price rule of thumb if I was looking to buy one, at least as a starting point.

Archived