Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Downtime Saturday (14th September)

Hi all,

I need to perform some maintenance on Saturday evening that will involve some downtime - I don't know exactly what time I will start but it's likely to be 7pm onwards for most of the evening. During this time SGL will not be accessible.

I will update on Saturday with more precise timings.

Kindest Regards,

Grant

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we are back - please report any issues in this thread or contact me via PM...

If you are seeing any odd layouts etc... please try doing a hard refresh of your browser first as you may be caching some of the old files...

Thanks,

Grant

Hmmm - it works fine for me and takes me straight to the newest post (just tried it on the notification I received to your reply).... Is this for old notifications that existed before the change or new ones?

Hmmm - it works fine for me and takes me straight to the newest post (just tried it on the notification I received to your reply).... Is this for old notifications that existed before the change or new ones?

Old ones. Seemed to work fine for your notification for me too :).

Yup, the older notifications append "unread/" to the URL, whereas now they add a CGI variable: "?view=getnewpost".

Seems an odd thing to change.  I guess there must be some reason why they wouldn't map URLs of the old form into the new.

James

I think they have done this, so that google doesn't see duplicated content - if people share those lines around, Google would see two versions of the page - one with the unread/ bit and one without - by now doing this as CGI variable, Google will see it as one page whether the variable is there or not - this would give an SEO benefit of removing duplicates...

That's my guess anyway!

'Quote' no longer shows in HTML format, is that how it is now intended to display?

That one is a bit weird.  When I quoted someone it used to show the

tags around the quoted text, but that doesn't happen for me any more -- I get the formatted and indented quote.  I was a bit lost at first for editing irrelevant text out of the quoted section, but I think I have the hang of it now.

James

I'm not sure what you mean? Can you take a screenshot it detail the steps I need to take to reproduce this?

Before the change, I used to get  the quote start and finish as shown in the image below and had to paste the quoted text in between the first close right bracket and the second open square bracket but now I just get the word Quote in italics. I now just paste the text I want after the word 'quote' and hit carriage return twice then start my reply and this works fine but it is a departure from the previous method.

post-1029-0-52519400-1379252452.jpg

post-1029-0-90099200-1379252486_thumb.jp

Ah - I see, It still works the same but I. The updated rich text editor you don't see the quote tags anymore..

Yes.  If there's an option to revert to the old behaviour it would be quite handy sometimes.  I've not found anything yet.

James

Just switch the rich text editor to normal bbc code mode and you will see the tags...

Ah, that's the one button in the editor that doesn't have a tooltip. I guess that will work for when I need it. Having all the text change to a monospace font is a bit hideous, but I can handle that :)

James

The "like's" don't seem to show up in the posts either. I recieved a notification by alert but it's not evident on the post.

Likewise when I like a post it doesn't seem to show but the "Like" button does change to "Unlike".

Archived