Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16 - Eagle Nebula in narrowband

antimorris

Eagle Nebula in Narrowband. Partially imaged in France, finished up here in Suffolk.

Integration Details:

Ha: 13x900s, 7x1200s (5 hrs, 35 min)

SII: 8 x 900s (2 hrs)

OIII: 10 x 900s (2 hrs 30 min)

Total time: 10 hrs 5 min

Equipment:

Scope: Orion EON80ED

Camera: Atik 314L+

Filters: Astronomik Ha, SII, OIII

p1965202406-3.jpg

Another gorgeous image, Anna - It's nice to have you back again :smiley:. Every year I tell myself it's going to be the year I get M16, but as I can't get to it from my garden, I think I'll probably need someone to drag me out in order to get it... Maybe next year(?). This is right up there with all the others - You have a very high "house standard"!

Thanks all for your kind words! I was quite happy with this. The Eagle Nebula was the first thing I ever pointed a camera through a telescope at when I started astrophotography and I have been wanting to re-image it for quite some time now that I kinda know what I am doing.

Mark - We definitely should all get together sometime!

Thanks all for your kind words! I was quite happy with this. The Eagle Nebula was the first thing I ever pointed a camera through a telescope at when I started astrophotography and I have been wanting to re-image it for quite some time now that I kinda know what I am doing.

Mark - We definitely should all get together sometime!

I will bring the beers :D there's quite a few suffolk astronomers and I'm running the local astronomy group now

cloud cloud go away come again another day

Archived