Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

final cocoon(IC5146) in LHaRGB

andyo

Hi,This has been a difficult one for me certainly regarding the processing as I have not had much experience with adding Ha,thanks to Olly for his help on adding Ha.Also being fairly new to pixinsight I calibrated and stacked using PI for the first time nearly all processing was done in PI,the Ha added in photoshop.Scope used was the ED80.All comments and help welcome

LUM 20x300secs

RED 14x300secs

GREEN 14x300secs

BLUE 15x300secs

Ha 8x600secs

Cocoonnebulaic514626thJulyand9th16thAugust_zpsc18d915f.png

Certainly adds some colour depth to the picture, even enhancing some of the outer nebulosity, great picture well done :grin:

Excellent result..

Nice.

Nice result, well done, beautiful colours.

Mark

Thanks a lot for your comments guys,really appreciated

Learnt some new tehniques in PI and after some feedback on astrobin realised the noise reduction was far to heavy also the colour just wasn't right.So put those new techniques into practice here is the result

post-23045-0-93925100-1377723033_thumb.p

Hey, this is great. Personally I'd drop the saturation globally, somewhat. Personal taste. I might also, another time, keep the background a tad lighter.

Now if you're not a PI evangelist and have Photoshop :eek: I'd go into Selective Colour and bring the magentas down a bit out of the blues. I might try lowering the cyans in the reds, too.

But this is a serious piece of work!

Olly

beautiful

Thanks Psemil

I agree! Beautiful!

Thanks Mr Bergman

Hey, this is great. Personally I'd drop the saturation globally, somewhat. Personal taste. I might also, another time, keep the background a tad lighter.

Now if you're not a PI evangelist and have Photoshop :eek: I'd go into Selective Colour and bring the magentas down a bit out of the blues. I might try lowering the cyans in the reds, too.

But this is a serious piece of work!

Olly

Thanks for the advice Olly.No I am not a PI evangelist but I do like a lot of what PI has to offer also the new batch processing script.However I am lucky enough to also have photoshop so will give the selective colour routine a go.I did attempt to lighten the background and then thought of the many words of caution about going overboard with PI so thought I would leave it as it is(lol)

Just did what you suggested Olly and I think that is a definite improvement especially to the stars as that magenta halo around them is now gone,selective colour is not a tool I have used much but can see the benefits of it,being able to just tweak it here and there

post-23045-0-26676800-1377799389_thumb.p

Archived