NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Focuser

A Dob keeps the focuser horizontal and doesn't carry heavy imaging gear so a Steeltrack maybe hits the sweet spot on price-performance. Money's no object? Feathertouch. Or whatever in between. I really don't feel a Dob makes big demands on a focuser.

Olly

I have a Moonite CR1 on my 300p flex tube. It's outstanding! I thought about getting the CR2 for the fine focus but to be honest I'm glad I didn't, it focuses superbly with a lot of control. The fitting could not have been easier with the installation kit. I didn't have to do any adjustments it was smack centre of the secondary mirror. Top marks for there engineering. It's made collimation a breeze with my laser colli as the engineering is so good there is no slop. Unlike the original which made laser collimation useless. All in all it was money well spent & after upgrading the supplied eyepieces I would recommend anyone to upgrade there standard focuser next.

Archived