SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello, I need some help.

stevepidge

http://www.helioviewer.org/

The settings are below to view the object. It is a persistent spherical object much larger than jupiter and it does not move much at all. You can go back in time in the viewer and it is persistent. I thought it might be a CME but time lapse does not agree.Very strange indeed. What do you guys think it is?

Observatory: stereo A Instrument: secchi Detector: core2 Measurement: white-light

Edit: I really have no expertise at all in this arena and I thought I would come to get some insight on what this object might be. I apologize for being so blunt and to the point, I would just like to know what the object might be..

Thanks,

Steve

Hello and welcome!

IT'S A SPACE SNAKE! ABSORBING ENERGY FROM OUR SUN AND ITS OFFSPRING WILL DEVOUR THE EARTH! :eek:

But seriously, I have no idea, other than to say it has been there since 22/01/2007, so I assume it is something on the sensor!

Cheers

Hi Welcome to SGL, could this be a case of not what you are imaging, but what you are imaging through, as it appears to be in the same position over a period of years, I am not into imaging, but might I suggest, could it be a foreign particle trapped somewhere in the optical train. Logically, I am sure an object of those proportions, sat in the same position, in close proximity to the Sun, would have been picked up long before now :)

Archived