Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Island

Pig

Just imagine that we could create an "Astronomy Island" and that we could create our own set of rules that everyone had to abide by,

Rules such as :

A given rule would be no streetlights between 20:00 & 07:00hrs 365 days per year :smiley:

The gallows / stocks for anyone stealing Astro equipment :laugh:

Free Jaffa cake allowance :grin:

And as it is my idea I will be president :grin: :grin:

What rules would you propose ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either no tall buildings or a minimum distance between tall building to make sure everyone's backyard had a good view of most of the sky. Except for professional observatories but those would all be place in certain areas away from the town and homes.

Plus if there's one island the odds are there are at least a couple smaller island that could be dedicated to be a giant solar or wind farm and have the power piped over to the main island.

...there speaks someone who i'd like to have a beer with..

Cheers! I'm down to talk new age energy and construction any day.

Plus if there's one island the odds are there are at least a couple smaller island that could be dedicated to be a giant solar or wind farm and have the power piped over to the main island.

We could have many small islands and name them after eyepieces like say the Greek island of Delos :smiley:

..you should run for pres of this island and get rid of pig and his iron fist politics!!!!

..you should run for pres of this island and get rid of pig and his iron fist politics!!!!

wow a revolution already or should I say a resolution :grin: :grin:

Archived