NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ol' Number One Shed Gets A Refit.

ollypenrice

In honour of Tom's Takahashi rig, now resident here (and conveniently identical to our own Tak setup), I thought I'd give the first shed a refit. This has been rolling back and forth for ten years but the timber is getting sun-battered and it had nowhere for a computer. In the first side to be re-clad I built a PC pod. It had to be high to clear the garden handrail and there's a steel strut running across the opening but it doesn't matter. It works fine and means no moving of the PC in and out at the start or end of a session.

I think this is the smallest shed design when space is limited. It makes a semi warm room and is good for solar imaging since you can get out of the sunlight to see the screen.

Olly

3-L.jpg

2-M.jpg

1-M.jpg

In my puerile way I'm still chuckling to myself about it being a "number one" shed :D

I think it's a very good example of what people can do if they would like a permanent setup but don't have much space though.

James

I remember that shed :-) The shelter it provided when rolled off was very welcome in minus temperatures, the only problem was that I was sat with my feet in 4 inches of snow!! (the disadvantage of it rolling over a previous unprotected area!). But it was fun!

Helen

I remember that shed :-) The shelter it provided when rolled off was very welcome in minus temperatures, the only problem was that I was sat with my feet in 4 inches of snow!! (the disadvantage of it rolling over a previous unprotected area!). But it was fun!

Helen

Ah, yes indeed. I've had the snow removed, Madame, as you can see!

Olly

brings back Very good memories

but has it moved to the other side of the path?

G

Aha, yes! Well spotted, Mr G! In fact I had a fine team of strong women to move it. Literally every one of the husbands had hurt himself cycling/motorcycling/paragliding/hang gliding but the wives tuned out in force.

My role was largely advisory... (Faster, ladies, faster!!)

Olly

Olly

Does this mean I have been evicted for October! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah! - that brings back happy memories from last year.

I shall have to bring my scope cover and trusty tarpaulin with me.

Talking of which - last night was the first time I tried out your heated puppy pad idea. Flipping Heck! Came home this evening and the scope, mount and even the focuser knob were verging on hot!

If as you say you bung one of these puppies under your laptop no wonder you have problems with them! They are probably getting damp from sweating! The CPU is not doing anything useful - it's too busy fanning itself with a DIMM! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers

Ian

Archived