NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6871 and Sh2-101

ollypenrice

Our guest Rauno Paivinen likes to image off the beaten track, which is how we came to spend a couple of nights on these nice little objects. In the middle is the NGC cluster and, to its right, the bright part of Sharpless 2-101. We began with just 4x10 RGB and 5x10 luminance, plus the synthesized L from the colour. Hints of red abounded so last night, in the rising moonlight, we took 16x15 minutes of Ha to add to the red. (Tak FSQ106N/Atik 11000/ Tak EM200). Et voila;

NGC6871%20SH2%20101%20HaLRGBWEB-XL.jpg

Big; http://ollypenrice.s...B7BNXK&lb=1&s=O

PS These objects lie between Sadr and Albireo in the backbone of Cygnus.

Very nice Olly - As you know I love 'off the beaten track' and this is no exception. I do like Sh2-101, it hangs there really nicely in amongst the rest of the Ha. A super image, I bet your guest is loving your kit combo!

Very nice Olly - As you know I love 'off the beaten track' and this is no exception. I do like Sh2-101, it hangs there really nicely in amongst the rest of the Ha. A super image, I bet your guest is loving your kit combo!

It's very easy to love, that's for sure! I don't feel it has the finesse of the FSQ85 but it's a heck of a bucket...

Olly

Beautiful field, Olly. Love it!

I'm a fan of Sh2-101 too, but I find these two bright red stars in amongst it troublesome - they bloat quite quickly in Ha. Probably not helped by my broad 12nm filter.

Adrian

Thanks. Those two behaved fine for me this time. They had no differential processing. It will surely be the bandpass of the filter. I've only just realized that this is the Tulip Nebula. Doh!

Olly

Archived