Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GM1000 mounht IC1318

Velvet

Hi

After many backfocus problems with the Tak and Feathertouch Focuser and some mount/model issues i have finally managed my first images

IC1318 in Ha

17 x 5 300s subs unguided

c92c8018-93dc-440f-ae02-dd9cb3da4909.jpg

17 x 300s Ha

7 x 300s Oiii

4 x 300s Sii

all unguided

2f6377bd-22e9-4141-9fd4-eb615be499fc.jpg

and finally

1 1800 s Ha sub unguided to test mount... i think i could have gone longer but time was an issue

e4f8e4bb-d732-417b-8c52-7f8b5974bfe1.jpg

thanks for looking, any advice gratefully received

Got hand it to 10 Micron, their unguided prowess is amazing. The images are fine with one small thing that isn't right, for me, and that's a slight dark halo effect round stars. This comes from deconvolution, usually. It is vital when sharpening (and noise reducing) to apply the procedure only the the right parts of the image. I would exclude stars from all sharpening and all brighter parts from any noise reduction. Indeed I sometimes blur stars in NB data since they can look 'blocky.' Pix and Ps both have selection tools an Ps Layers is easy to use. One modified layer, one standard layer and one eraser...

Olly

its a great feeling when you over come all the issue's that this hobby throws at you makes the stress seem worthwhile, looks like you have to mount running fine now i can only dream of unguided subs. well done and hope to see more :D

Got hand it to 10 Micron, their unguided prowess is amazing. The images are fine with one small thing that isn't right, for me, and that's a slight dark halo effect round stars. This comes from deconvolution, usually. It is vital when sharpening (and noise reducing) to apply the procedure only the the right parts of the image. I would exclude stars from all sharpening and all brighter parts from any noise reduction. Indeed I sometimes blur stars in NB data since they can look 'blocky.' Pix and Ps both have selection tools an Ps Layers is easy to use. One modified layer, one standard layer and one eraser...

Olly

thanks for the advice, will look at that next time i process :) I am still learning on processing... its a bit of a minfield

Velvet

Great start indeed. I only saw this mount for the first time recently they are very nice. A second point on the image is that the bright star in the center has a turbulent air look to it. Did you take the scope from a warm area to the cold outside? I have seen this effect if the scope is not given enough time too cool down to the outside temp. Just a thought. Tom.

Tom, it could actually be hot air. I was leaning more towards a polished bolt-head or something but you are probably right! Yes, the 10Micron mounts are really nice. The only thing I have found that could be slightly better on the GM1000HPS is the frictions. They work perfectly well but you have to tighten them kind of hard in order for them to be reliable. Totally consistant, but still something that can be improved. The rest? Really good, and encoders is the *&%¤!

/per

Archived