NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 3rd Jul 2013

David Smith

Late one tonight! Very late for me and in order to achieve this I had to get mobile :grin: I don't stray far from the back garden for my observing usually but today the Sun peaked out from behind the clouds around 7:20pm by which time it is too low from the back garden. So I grabbed the old SL80 setup (which I can just about carry in one hand, even with the camera attached ready to go) and headed out front. Some how managed to get a line of sight between the trees, clouds, power and telephone lines long enough to grab 70 frames. Stacked 28 of those after PIPP had done it's thing to get this. I am quite surprised how well this has turned out as it was really very rushed.

Forecast for tomorrow gives me hope that I will be able to get the Evostar setup to work on this new region.

9201168823_92bfb232aa_o.jpg

20130703 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Good one David, so glad someone got a pic today. I've been watching the new AR's on GONG. Its a very active area indeed at the moment. I hope it stays that way as the forecast is looking better and better over the next few days. Time to get out the big guns.

Time to get out the big guns.

Looking forward to it, need some practice with the new kit.

Just received the dove tail for the PST as well so will be able to mount it on either my SL80 mount or the CG 4 now, opening up the possibility of Ha imaging as well :evil:

Archived