NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lidl 8x60 Binoculars

RyanL

I think you mean "BK7 not BaK-4" - yes, we know.
No, I meant BAK7; Somebody (poss in another thread or forum) asked if they were BAK7 (Chinese BAK7 is closer in designation to Scott BaK4 than is Chinese BAK4).

"Can anyone confirm that" - see post 29.
I presume you mean the reference to a 6mm exit pupil, but that could be due to either understated magnification or overstated effective aperture (or both), and it's not clear what the precision is: 5.5 - 6.49mm? I was measuring the effective aperture directly. Curious to know if anyone else has done that.

Tab on Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

There were plenty of these on the shelf at my local store today.  I had a look at several pairs and was disappointed. 

As previously mentioned, the eyepiece bridge was very flimsy, and although I the pairs I looked through appeared to be relatively well collimated, the image was sharp enough in the centre, but rapidly softened by about 40-50% out towards the edge of the FOV, which I didn't like.

I decided not to spend my cash this time around.

I had a look at these Bresser 8x60s today at a Lidle store near me. They seemed lightweight for their size and the clarity looking through them,inside the supermarket,seemed very good with crisp clear focus and image. The individual eye adjustment did seem very sensitive however and needed more time to accurately focus. At £26.95 I was impressed , they did seem to preform like real , quality binoculars and not the usual cheap rubbish. I am seriously thinking of buying a pair ( if there are any left) before the weekend.

Archived