Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I am....

claire1985

Currently in Conwy marina under a very dark clear sky with a beer, looking forward to the epic views the night has to offer :-D

I hope the waters not too cold and your wearing a lifejacket ;):)

I'm being eaten alive by midges despite the best efforts of jungle formula...

Peter...

Managed to stay up till just after midnight, perfect clear skies but just didn't get dark enough. Should have known really being right on the west coast, did see the ISS go over again though, tbh I was done in after a days sailing so almost fell asleep lying on top of boat lol, next time I'm bringing my decent binos, the ones on the yacht wasn't brilliant x

I hope the waters not too cold and your wearing a lifejacket ;):)

I'm being eaten alive by midges despite the best efforts of jungle formula...

Peter...

Always wear my life jacket, not when moored up though, there were no flying pests around last night which was ace :-) x

Not in Conwy (It's Great!) - But I know a man who might be, this arvo? He's buying an HEQ5 Tripod from me today... :D

Wales has many virtues - But moving here - Messing with a house / observatory, I never get time to see any of it! <Grrr> :p

I was out until 2:30am this morning. Ye gods it was cold! Perhaps it felt worse than it was as I'd spent the afternoon in the sunshine laying paving slabs, but whilst I could have fought the tiredness off for longer in combination with the cold it was just too much.

James

Unfortunately, the Sun is high enough in latitude that we don't get out of Astronomical Twilight ( Sun dip 12-18° ) from the end of May to the middle of July ( for 51° N, even longer for those at more northerly latitudes ) so it never really gets dark between those dates.

Nigel

tbh I was done in after a days sailing so almost fell asleep lying on top of boat lol, next time I'm bringing my decent binos, the ones on the yacht wasn't brilliant x

I miss sailing... :sad:

The plan originally was to anchor out in some secluded bay but we ended up coming back in about 21.30 as the sun was setting, absolutely fantastic sky, sailing was fab going towards Anglesey but coming back the wind completely disappeared so we had to motor back,

I'm pretty gutted to have just got home tbh, would have happily stayed there all day,

Hopefully I'll get to go lots throughout the rest of the year, looking forward to winter skies but not the cold!!

Hi Claire, not been about for a while, spent a year dead for tax reasons. Did you ever do your RYA day skipper course?

Welcome back!! No it wasn't me doing it. Was a friend of mine, she passed it last week.

X

Archived