SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Smells like summer...Trifid nebula

Luis Campos

Cheers all!

I must confess I'm not used to this...where's my good weather here in Portugal???? Nothing but clouds and wind around here in the past months, finally one good saturday night...imaging fever...??? Yup :)

What a great night, lovely transparent sky, almost no wind, 18º, little dew, just how it's supposed to be :)

Given the good conditions I decided to go for the Iris nebula and M 20 at the end of the night, as I just finished processing this one (it's easier) it's the first one the exit the oven, so here goes M 20 nebula with the Altair astro 200mm f/4 newt., TEC cooled Canon 350D, EQ6 go to mount, stack of 11x5 min. @ 400 ISO

I didn't use any dark frames on this one, I'm finding out they are not necessary with the cooling system, they only introduce noise and waste my precious time :Envy: it's callibrated only with bias and flats (40 frames each).

So here goes, you can zoom to full size here:

http://www.flickr.co...ith/8941504344/

More on the Iris latter, I'll have a blast processing that one out ;)

post-13017-0-44204400-1370297775_thumb.j

Bye,

Luís

Great image,

nice colors and details

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks!

BTW, just want to let you know your work is an inspiration, you have a big fan here ;)

Just checked you site, that M 101 is SUPERB to say the least, nice gear upgrade too ;)

Best wishes,

Luís

Archived