Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6914 (Ha) Well, its a start anyway!

Uranium235

This is the first time ive had the dual rig in what could be called double data rate mode as I recieved a new Ha filter for the 2nd camera (a big up to auntie FLO for getting it here so quick!).

Well, despite the promise of a clear sky, all we got was a soupy moonlit mess with only primary constellations poking through the murk. So it hardly seemed worth it, and I will probably end up re-shooting some of the data to clean it up. The right hand side stars suffered a bit becuase I had a bit of a senior moment and forgot to put half the screws back in one filter wheel (whoops!), I thought it was flex at first but upon discovering my error I dashed back to house for the missing screws and an allen key. Once its was put back together (properly) the stars seemed much rounder.

So here is what I got in just two hours, its the lower half of a 4 pane mosaic so its nowhere near complete. Hopefully tonight will offer us some better conditions. Additionally, I would also like to grab the reflection nebulae that exsist within, but that will need a moonless night.

Ive also included a couple of pics of the gear (complete with a rats nest of cables) in action.

NGC6914 (Cygnus)

10x720 (x2 panes) (Ha): Total time=4hr, realtime=2hr

Twin 80ED, Atik 314L+ (x2), NEQ6

Updates to follow!

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=93576

The Ha hoover:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=93577

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=93578

post-5513-0-14575300-1369560139_thumb.jp

post-5513-0-80624300-1369560164_thumb.jp

post-5513-0-46371800-1369560199_thumb.jp

That's come out well Rob, I know what you mean about

the conditions last night, had a go at doing some colour

work last night, I should have known better.

Halving the imaging time or another way to say it getting twice

the amount of data in half the time must be a blessing Rob

I have a feeling there will be some cracking images from the duo very soon.

Ps: I thought I had a problem with cables,

do your light dim when you turn that lot on. :grin:

Paul.

That's come out well Rob, I know what you mean about

the conditions last night, had a go at doing some colour

work last night, I should have known better.

Halving the imaging time or another way to say it getting twice

the amount of data in half the time must be a blessing Rob

I have a feeling there will be some cracking images from the duo very soon.

Ps: I thought I had a problem with cables,

do your light dim when you turn that lot on. :grin:

Paul.

I'd say the netbook probably pulls more power than the mount and both cameras, but the load on the bench supply is still quite low (still got another 22 amps of headroom!). There will be more to come from this rig for sure, im looking forward to using it in "smash and grab" raids on low stuff (M8), where you could only get one night before its gone for another year.

It was pretty horrible last night, but the sky is looking a lot clearer this time round so it might be in danger of actually being finished! Cor blimey, its a bank holiday and we've got clear sky... whats going on?! :D

Mark, I do have some OIII data on this already - and that picked up some of the blue stuff, but it will probably need a bit of reinforcement from a blue filter. Hmmmm... maybe I will only need one pane in blue if I use a layer mask? Though I will need to figure out a way of introducing the nebulosity from the blue filter - but no stars.

I fail to see anything wrong with that image Rob! Looks great to me :) I expect to get my 2nd mono 314L+ on Wednesday but I've only got the one ED80.

Thanks Stuart, though I do think I need to come up with a way of reducing the amount of cables :) Its taking longer to set up now as at the start of each session I have to de-tangle everything (probably a familiar task for most imagers!).

Gina, best of luck with the new camera! When/if you do get another 80ED, take your time with lining the scopes up. And use an old belt to protect the one that goes in the guidescope rings as it will save your paintwork, then you can really tighten it up without fear of damage (reduces the chance of flex).

The gear is currently outside working on the 4th pane, then I will go back to the 3rd and 2nd (to replace last nights soup damaged subs)

Archived