Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn May 25th

Quick process from last night. Seeing was very ripply but despite some thin cloud effecting transparancy I seem to have some pretty decent data. This is an IR/Colour combo taken beween 10.21 and 10.33pm GMT.

1.5X Drizzle :

gallery_4016_412_30097.png

Thanks Robin & James!

Conditions just wont come together this year. Having said that I'm very pleased with what I got last night. I don't know if its the new 3x tv barlow or primary fan but there is an extra sharpness to my images despite the ordinary seeing. Below are a straight colour and then 2 IR/Colour combos.

Straight colour :

gallery_4016_412_35545.png

Colour/IR using 2 colour avis and 1 IR 10-53pm to 11-09pm.

gallery_4016_412_32.png

Colour/IR 10-59 & 11-09pm

gallery_4016_412_663.png

Hi Stuart, that is a very good effort considering the low altitude and conditions.

BTW the added IR filter changes the polar very much (I have noticed that in my images as well) I prefer to process without it as it also "hides" the white band that is clearly seen in the non IR image.

Thanks

Dror

Cheers Guys! I know what you mean Dror the globe looks better on a good colour shot but the IR always produces more defined rings.

On this image rather than do a 50/50 colour IR combo I've split the colour into RGB channels and added the IR as luminance. As you can see its basically a colour IR image.

gallery_4016_412_4228.png

Archived