Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yep - that's just about right!

Bart

Lots of clear nights predicted coinciding with a full moon. Yep, thats about right. Sometimes I feel someone's having a laugh. Must say beginning to get fed up. Have to decide whether to just put it all away until Sep.

Sigh

Barry

I find open clusters hold up relatively well under bright skies, be it light pollution or the reflected light from our closest celestial neighbour. Perhaps it is worth giving that kind of object a focus over the coming days?

But 100% agree, it really is typical of clear skies to coincide with full moon!

I find open clusters hold up relatively well under bright skies, be it light pollution or the reflected light from our closest celestial neighbour. Perhaps it is worth giving that kind of object a focus over the coming days?

But 100% agree, it really is typical of clear skies to coincide with full moon!

I know you're right. Probably should spend some time on the moon itself or even double stars. I'm not sure though about the double stars, sometimes I'm underwhelmed. Funny, 'cos we all call ourselves stargazers. When people say 'are you going stargazin tonight Barry?' I sometimes find myself imagining saying, "well no, actually, we don't actually spend much time on the stars but rather etc etc' but stop myself when I imagine the blank look on their faces and how much of an anorak I would sound! Gotta get myself a life.

I don't have to worry about how bright the moon is - I can see it through the clouds, anyway! I apologise, I am a jinx. I take up astronomy, Patrick Moore dies and the skies turn rubbish. All my fault.

Don't blame it all on yourself Roo, serves us right for taking up astronomy in this part of the world, bit like people form the Carribean taking up Bobsleighing..

Archived