Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ever moon views and attempt at imaging

claire1985

Managed to actually find some time tonight to have my first ever view of the moon, I've seen it through my binos but never a scope. All I can say is wow!! I am quickly becoming a moon addict, I've literally spent hours tonight out my living room window looking through different eyepieces, it's been fab!!

Snapped a couple of pictures using my iPhone so not the greatest but thought id share :-) xxx

Through the 25mm

post-17736-136900562993_thumb.jpg

Through the 12.5mm

post-17736-136900558987_thumb.jpg

Through the 10mm

post-17736-136900566039_thumb.jpg

And lastly a rather feeble attempt through the 6mm

post-17736-136900571971_thumb.jpg

Glad you got the scope working. My first view through a scope was at the moon and I still look at it often ( its easier to find than a dso)

Yes all fine now :-) and I know what you mean, it's an easy target and so beautiful to look at, I've added a moon map to my birthday list x

Well done , I have tried this but not succeeded with an I phone.

It was an absolute nightmare!! Trying to line up the camera and keep it steady enough to focus took me ages and many attempts. Worth the perseverance though x

It was an absolute nightmare!! Trying to line up the camera and keep it steady enough to focus took me ages and many attempts. Worth the perseverance though x

I know the feeling Claire but yes it's worth it in the end well done you got some nice pics there

Archived