Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bad Weather Warning

Freff

It looks like the south, south west is in for a bashing later today with high winds and heavy rain.

I might be a good idea to give your observatories a quick check over to make sure everything is secure.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you in East Devon Gina? Ever been up to the NLO?

About 5 miles NE of Honiton. I have been to the NLO but not recently. I intend going again when I have more time.

:D

I'd guess you're a bit higher than us, too. We're at 125m here, but I know when I'm over that way (your side of Dunkeswell) much of it gets up to 200m or more.

James

Yes that's right. The altitude here is just over 600ft and we're on the SE side of the hill and the wind is roughly south easterly so we're getting "the full monty"!

I might have to go out and have look round to see what it's like. Perhaps sensible to check everything is tied down anyhow. Can't be that bad if the chickens are still out though :)

James

Oh dear :( Hopefully nothing else will get damaged.

James

Thank you James :) No, no other damage :) And the roofing sheet wasn't damaged - it just took to the air and landed flat on the lawn. Just a few "W" clips gone missing - no problem we have more of them.

Archived