NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M64 Blackeye galaxy.

ollypenrice

One from the Yvesmobile which was, I think, on tip top form for this one. We are now focusing with a Bahtinov and getting tighter images with better S/N ratio. This has only an hour per channel RGB and 2 hours' luminance. Lovely to process bar an absolute refusal of the red channel to align properly. I took a stick to it in the end...

Yves' luminance processing was very sharp. He might get more out of the core than I managed.

Olly

M64%20LRGB%205Hrs%20WEB-M.jpg

M64%20LRGB%205Hrs%20WEB%20CROP-XL.jpg

Interesting that: it's nice to see the 'black-eye' part in the crop, but I like the smaller, full image the best. Gorgeous :)

Thanks. I must say that I was amazed when I saw the little strata-like structures appear on the screen in the first long exposure sub. I've only ever seen that as a kind of little dark streak, which is what I was expecting.

Since we've started to use a Bahtinov the ODK 14 is resolving significantly better than before. It's the only method which seems to work. FWHM was a total waste of time at this FL.

Olly

Well it's certainly working there. That structure is normally only really seen with the professional telescopes, and I've certainly never managed to get anything remotely detailed in my own efforts. I've been putting off using a Bhatinov, for some reason I'm not entirely sure of, for some time. Maybe it's time to get over it and give it a go!

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Yes, I hesitated with the wording as I wasn't sure, but being the same data makes the differences even more compelling. What processing has contributed to these differences, do you think?

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

I'm promiscuous, flitting between AstroArt, Pixinsight and Photoshop. I think Yves is more Pixinsight. It has to be said that I can find more time, too, so my slow approach doesn't matter. I take absolutely ages to do a picture.

Olly

Since we've started to use a Bahtinov the ODK 14 is resolving significantly better than before. It's the only method which seems to work. FWHM was a total waste of time at this FL.

Olly

lovely image.. something to aim for.

hmmm... as I'm imaging at 0.74 arc sec / pix I should perhaps try the bahitnov again.

Derek

I've just sat for 20 minutes just eating my dinner and staring at this image, I think that says it all!

Well that's a new one on me. You're very kind. Appreciated. Hope you don't take ill in the night!!!

Olly

Archived