NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

new 16inch dob by revelation astro at a reasonable price

Daniel-K

That is a good price and I know Telescope House are strong on QA, wonder if I could get one on the plane to take back?

This is of course from the GSO stable, but I am happy with my little 150mm RC from them, nice images. I know at F 4.5 I would want a paracorr as well, makes the scope look even better value, if that were possible.

Alan

That design has been around for a while. Looks like it's now being branded as Revelation now as well.

To be honest 1/12th wave (I suspect thats RMS) on it's own is meaningless. It's the Peak to Valley value and the Strehl ratio that counts. 1/12th wave equates to around 1/4 wave PV I think. I'm surprised TH are not making that clearer.This was the old way that Revelation dobs were described and rather misleading.

My 12" OO dob has a primary which is around 1/30th wave RMS or around 1/9th wave PV.

1/4 wave PV is OK for a mass produced large aperture dob though.

Archived