NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 23th April 2013

t_ilan_s

Hi all,

Yesterday I took some pictures of Saturn.

I wanted to compere between the 5X powermate and a 2X Barlow mounted on a 3X barlow.

In the 5X powermate the image was brighter but the RGB balance was poor (as usual). :embarrassed:

With the 2X on the 3X the image was darker but the RGB balance was almost perfect, and sometimes I think the image was even better!

The first image was taken using the powermate, the second with the barlowes.

Should I sell the powermate? :huh:

Thanks, Ilan.

post-26995-0-98327900-1366809754_thumb.j

post-26995-0-82017500-1366809857_thumb.j

Nice images.

LlaN i have to ask you, when you say pictures do you mean single sub's ? why not use the video mode on the 600D ? you can then load the video into AS!2 (this will convert a 400Mb file into a couple of GB so beware) & stack a lot more frames.

Many thanks guys.

Although the first image is slight better then the other one, the second image was taken with two low quality barlows, and I don't see a really big difference. :embarrassed:

I think I should sell the powermate and by instead a planetary camera.

Ilan

Hi Ilan,

Nice images, I think the powermate out performs the stacked barlow. If you look closely the amount of detail with the powermate is larger and the images sharpness is visible.

With a planetary camera that is even more sensitive the difference will be even larger.

So obviously my vote goes for the first image.

As for color balance that is purely on the eyes of the viewer so you can play around with that in almost and of the processing SWs till it comes out right for you.

Thanks

Dror

Archived