Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

charging help needed

I have just charged my battery up it was showing 10 volts before and now is showing 13.5 is this safe to use on my mount which is a skywatcher eq synscan goto as it says it needs 12 volts

I'd wait for a few opinions (to share the blame if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure its fine, if you test a car battery or ciggie lighter adaptor they are always about 13.8v

In fact the bench power supplies are about the same.

all the best :D

It will probably drop back down a bit but 13.5v is not unusual in a car battery and should not harm your synscan. If you read the Skywatcher manual I think it should say 11-15v range.

It will probably drop back down a bit but 13.5v is not unusual in a car battery and should not harm your synscan. If you read the Skywatcher manual I think it should say 11-15v range.

yes 11-15 volts is printed in the skywatcher manual

I sometimes use a mains powered 12v transformer but it regularly churns out anything up to 14.2 volts

Archived