NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Early Summer Triangle.

cotterless45

What an exciting view 3.30 am , Deneb, Altair and Vega. Cygnus heading down the Milky Way flanked by the box of Lyra, Job's coffin of Dephinus, Vulpecula and Sagitta.

This area is a view which swings us back into the clusters and nebulae of our galaxy and masses of deep sky treasures.

Nasty flu and cold seeping through the pj's on batio put paid to anything but seeing happy hunting grounds again in

clear skies,

Nick.

I was out observing a few nights ago and packed up around 3.00 and just before putting the scope away in the garage looked up to see Lyra well up and couldnt resist setting the scope back up to have a quick look at the Ring nebula,never fails to amaze me.Hope you get well soon.

I got rather fond of Lyra last year, so I'm looking forward to it coming back around :)

So much to see before then though, new things coming means other things going, there's not enough clear skies to keep up!

Oh yes, Lyra and friends are swinging back around and it is interesting to see them from western skies! This position is much better for my intention to explore the little Sagitta constellation which I couldn't really do last Fall. Happy Hunting!

Yes it's nice to see Vega, Lyra etc just creeping back over my Western horizon. When I started last year, Vega was my first jumping off point and M57 was my first fuzzy. It will be nice to see Andromeda again as well, it's just obscured by trees at the moment. Having said that I'm sorry to see Orion go. It's just disappearing for me now, no doubt it will be back in a few months:)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Yes it's nice to see Vega, Lyra etc just creeping back over my Western horizon. When I started last year, Vega was my first jumping off point and M57 was my first fuzzy. It will be nice to see Andromeda again as well, it's just obscured by trees at the moment. Having said that I'm sorry to see Orion go. It's just disappearing for me now, no doubt it will be back in a few months:)

I've always felt the same. Even if I dont have time to get the scope out, I always love to see Orion and I always enjoy the winter since it's so prominent. Somehow I feel more sentimental about Orion than anything else in the sky.

Archived