NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st Solar image today - MaK127 test

fwm891

Tried a solar image today - big departure for me (not allowed out in the daytime!).

Just wanted to test my new (S/H) Skymax 127. I read a post from James where he was saying its tight framing with a 450D - I totally agree!

Used a Baader white light film over the scope, 800 ISO and Aperture priority shutter speed selection.

post-14748-0-60453400-1365183972_thumb.p

Well done Francis. You don't get a lot of room to play with, do you? :)

James

No James not a lot at all, I'll put it on a driven head next time - the above was from a static tripod with the movement slackened off a little to allow some adjustment :grin:

I look forward to seeing your future results, Francis. I think the little Maks are great white light solar imaging scopes because they have plenty of aperture, good image scale and a nice compact size, not to mention that you don't have to worry about the problems you get with putting a camera on the end of a cheaper refractor focuser tube, but not many people seem to do it.

James

Really nice Francis, i have the same problem with my 600D, i get about 1mm top & bottom on Live View, so i set the slew speed to 1 & give it a gentle press if i notice the image start to drift which isn't a lot especially if only doing a 30 sec video, i also use the Last Alignment setting for the Goto mount & it works a treat.

Bet you can't wait to try some more now ?

Keep it up.

Thanks All,

Yes colour was adjusted in PS CS3 / Colour balance. My 450D is modified so results are somewhat red. However I have just set a custom white balance in EOS Utilities using the grey mass I currently have overhead ATM. Its giving me 'normal' colour when shooting general garden sceens so I will be using that the next time the sun decides to show itself!

Archived