Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Advanced VX Mount

gary1968

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this might sound stupid, but is there a plastic pull tag under the RTC battery. They normally fit them to stop the battery draining while in transit/on the shelf.

I'm keeping a eye on this thread as I'm torn between getting one of these or a HEQ5 pro so will be very interested to find how you get on with the new mount once the teething problems are sorted.

Regards

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I brought the Advanced VX mount with C8 and StarSense. So far it has preformed very well, all objects appear in the centre (or close to the centre) of the eyepiece (25mm).

Easy to set up although it still takes me around 15 minutes from setting up, balancing the OTA and automatic alignment but then its ready for a whole night of stargazing or imaging. :)

So far I can get 30 second exposures unguided from the mount but I am sure I can get at least 1 minute unguided exposures for deep space objects (DSO's) but I have not tried it yet.

StarSense saves time and effort manual aligning the scope but with greater accuracy.

I would recommend the AVX mount to intermediate or advanced level astronomers astrophotographers.

Archived