Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few colliding galaxies

Mark72

Looks very good and natural. I haven't ever seen these before i think.

Insanely good job on such targets! :)

For an instant i though "hmm, i want to give this one a try too" on "Keenan's System NGC 5216 and 5218", untill i read you use a ~$3500 CCD with 12 hours of 30 min subs, on a $9800 AP 1200 mount, and through a 10" $2300 scope... n_n;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Let's just say - i take back my though and won't even thing about pointing my scope in that direction... ^_^

post-9520-0-23654500-1364763380_thumb.jp

Mark, super images as ever, I especially like the NGC 5754 one. Your website is also a masterclass in how to portray astroimages, providing great details on each capture. It's a fantastic gallery of images you've collated there and gives us all something to aim at. Although I'd always associated you as an expert on galaxies I see earlier in your gallery this year a panel of the huge H-alpha nebula Sharpless 240 (aka Simeis 147) - did you ever finish this one? I'm currently working on this target as well at the moment - I need 6 panels and have 4 at the moment, I just hope I can get these in before it disappears...

Martin

Archived