Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do you think you scope is cool? Think again...

emadmoussa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we are talking about the Meade 20. It's interesting Celestron also started a similar project at around the same time. When Meade tried to sell these modified SCT as RC(fake), Celestron went back to the drawing board and created the C20 CDK and prototype CGE Pro.

The Celestron project never made it to the market before Celestron was sold to Synta. Some of the technology developed in the project probably leaded to the EdgeHD and the current downsized CGE pro. However, when Celestron was sold to Synta, part of it separated and became Planewave. Which means Planewave CDK and Ascension 200 mount were the production versions of the Celestron's C20 and proto-CGE Pro.

The Meade 20 MAX ACF is a bit of a joke, but a 20 inch Planewave and a Ascension mount ....

It's that CN guy who wanted to know the best scope / observatory available - "Money no object".

Liked his "cars fast and his women faster"? Had a picture of the "General Lee" as an icon etc. :D

Only teasing. In truth, probably slightly envious...

................... I think there comes a time when the 'portable' scope ends and a permanently mounted large telescope in an observatory begins...............................

I thought again, and yes, I think my scope is cool.

The quartz optics help with cool down, and its also reasonably portable. :cool:

Click photo to enlarge.

post-21902-0-44144300-1364666284_thumb.j

lots of sour grapes round here! haha

Not on my part. A silly scope is a silly scope and just because Meade's marketing tells me otherwise doesn't mean I have to fall over and covet their offerings. If I won that scope in a lottery I'd sell it and buy something that would work. A Dream or a Plane Wave or an RCOS, for instance. We know those work. http://www.cosmotography.com/images/lrg_new_ic434.html Does the Meade have anything to compare with that?

Olly

Not on my part. A silly scope is a silly scope and just because Meade's marketing tells me otherwise doesn't mean I have to fall over and covet their offerings. If I won that scope in a lottery I'd sell it and buy something that would work. A Dream or a Plane Wave or an RCOS, for instance. We know those work. http://www.cosmotogr..._new_ic434.html Does the Meade have anything to compare with that?

Olly

Awsome picture of the Horsehead Nebula. :smiley:

This is what I like to call a 'hernia-scope'.

This is another case of corporate thinking, if it's bigger it's better.

I'd be interested to see how many of them they actually sell....and then how many are for sale 'hardly used' four months after. :laugh:

" We know those work. http://www.cosmotogr..._new_ic434.html Does the Meade have anything to compare with that? "

Thanks for posting that link Olly , I think that's just about the most beautiful image I've ever seen . . . :laugh:

I think R Jay Gabany is now the best amateur imager in the world. Pity his tutorials are so darned cryptic!

Olly

Archived