Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

telrad removal

I was putting my OTA in the car the other day and heard a 'bang' looked down & my telrad was on the floor, it was undamaged but had come away from the tape (went back on again fine though) so thats one way of doing it although im sure there are better methods :grin:

Some time last autumn there was a long thread started by an Italian who wanted to remove the telrad from her scope before she upgraded. I think it's quite easy to do, but I can't recall what the recommendation was and finding the thread has escaped my skills with the search functionality thus far. Probably just as well mine is held on with zip ties :) I'll post a link to the thread if I can find it.

James

I did mine i used the hairdryer method id put it on the wrong place, i made sure i used flat knife not sharp and just kept heating the edges up using hairdryer came off a treat then put it where i wanted it and it stuck down been there ever since.

to remove the base of telrad you can use:strong fishing line or if you dont have one then a dental floss will do the trick.Just pull the floss parallel to your tube with sawing motions (side to side movements).this should not cause any damage to the paintwork of your scope.

Hope it helps. :D

P.S.if you want to re-use the same base and actually save the tape,then use hair dryer and NON sharp knife (butter knife) .just be careful not to dig into the paint of the scope.i would still use the string method and buy a new double sided tape if you want to re-use the base.

The residue from from the sticky pads can be easily removed using brush cleaner (blue stuff that you can find in any DIY stores - Wickes is cheapest) very easy to do and is water soluble without harming any paint surface.

James

Archived