Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Danny and Panny first light :)

Daniel-K

so tonight was the night for first Light with the 24MM Televue Panoptic i aquired last week, after a long 12 hour shift i was excited by the forecast, so rushed home scope out shower and ready to go :D first up after failing for panstarrs (cloud low down) M42 never get board of this object tonight i could see nearly all of the neblua the core was glowing a lovely greeny blue the trap was lovely and sharp in the 24mm panoptic.NGC 2244 the cluster in the rosette conditions were very good and stable and i think i could see the nebula but not quite sure so i will have to have another go sometime.M44 was naked eye tonight so i thought i would have a look through the 24MM, stars were sharp to 80-90% the FOV .i also Bagged M41 under sirus so im glad i tick that one off the list upto 86 messiers now.M1 the crab was easy to spot in the wide FOV quite bright as well didnt spend to much time on this. M51 was nice and high the two cores were bright with M51 showing subtle detail. took me about 5 mins to find it must have kept going past it but got there in the end.by this time leo was high but the conditions was starting to get moist so no much detail showing just a few fuzzy blobs. i managed to get the black eyed galaxy in there aswell which is a good bright object.M53 the glob was lost in the Fov but it glowed with averted vision and at x50 i could resolve some stars.M3 has always been a pain for me but not tonight first go in the EP.when veiwed from a decent EP the color your get from the stars is amazing i was sat on my chair for 15mins watching it majestically drift across the FOV even with just x50 i could resolve the core :cool: . its been a long day and its very cold so time to retire to my bed. my thoughts on this EP if you can afford one get one this is my first preimuim EP and i will never buy sub par EP again you get alot better color on stars and you just feel like your floating in the EP very nice eye relief no need for squint eye with these. overall 10/10 for the EP cant wait for the 8MM Delos to come :)

Dan

glad you got to use the green dan. nice report too. delios on route as well eh, nice as long as it does'nt come with the free supply of clouds !

Buy one get clouds free. That's the deal.

Thanks for sharing Dan. Naked eye Beehive cluster is always a good sign of a fairly decent sky. Are most of your missing Meesiers in the Scorpius / Ophiuchus / Sagittarius by any chance. That's where most of my remaining Messier targets are.

Clear skies!

I tried my new Delos 14mm last night on M42 with my CPC800 and I saw Trapezium E for the first time, Trapezium F came and went three times but my Hyperion zoom never resolved E or F.

I am getting a powermate 2.0 so see where we go with the Delos doubled to 7mm?

Daniel,

Nice report on the 24mm Panoptic, there are some nice objects there in that list.

Alan,

I think you are seeing the value of fixed focal length quality eyepiece over zooms, with any zoom no matter how good there are always compromises made, the fixed F/L will always be better. Especicially if it is a black and green one. Now I await the Hyperion inquisition in fear of the cumffy chair.

BTW the PM and the Delos will be fabulous!

Alan.

Archived