Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW Skywatcher EQ6 & HEQ5 Syntrek mounts

FLO

NEW Skywatcher EQ6 Syntrek and Skywatcher HEQ5 SynTrek mounts have arrived 8)

In short, these new (at least to the UK) SynTrek mounts are a hybrid of the standard EQ6/HEQ5 and the EQ6/HEQ5 PRO SynScan mounts.

More precisely, a standard mount but with pre-installed PRO SynScan stepper-motors and motherboard and supplied with its own unique SynTrek hand-controller.

The SynTrek hand control provides controls for slewing and automatic tracking of celestial objects.

The SynTrek mounts can be upgraded to the full computerized SynScan system by simply changing the hand control to a SynScan hand control.

EDIT: Have just discovered that SynTrek mounts are actually WHITE (same as the PRO models) not grey as shown in these pix.

EQ6%20SynTrek.jpgHEQ5%20SynTrek.jpg

* Microstep driven 1.8 stepper motors. Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)

* Slewing speeds: Guiding speed, 4x 8x, 32x, 64x, 800x

* Guiding speeds: 1x, 0.75x, 0.5x, 0.25x

* Gear ratio: 705

* Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar

* Tracking Modes: RA trackingPower supply: 11 to 15V DC 2Amp

Both models are in stock and available to order.

You heard it here first :smiley:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No prices Steve? There's a few Ver. 2.x handsets around - will they fit?

PS: Also have some new VERY high quality 'Military spec' (whatever that means) observation binoculars to announce, soon.

They're prolly painted green :(

:smiley::evil:

They are metal, waterproof, nitrogen-filled and have IE focusing - which I guess is military.

No prices Steve? There's a few Ver. 2.x handsets around - will they fit?

PS: Also have some new VERY high quality 'Military spec' (whatever that means) observation binoculars to announce, soon.

They're prolly painted green :(

:smiley::evil:

They are metal, waterproof, nitrogen-filled and have IE focusing - which I guess is military.

Size ??? :)

Ooooo you tease Steve :clouds1: :clouds1:

I know, thats what I thought..... :smiley::)

It's not that, honest it isn't, it's just that there aren't enough hours in the day :(

Yeah, spill the beans size and ballpark price.... :)

Apertures are 70, 85 and 110mm.

Prices are £299, £399 and £499 respectively (They might already be on the OVL website)

How am I supposed to make a big announcement if you pull all the details out of me here :evil:

Are/ will the motors be available separately as an upgrade kit? :smiley:

No mention of that Gaz. I spoke with OVL several months ago about bringing these mounts into the country (GordonCopestake sent a PM asking after them) but back then it wasn't on the cards. They have been available over the pond for a while now.

The SynTrek mounts can be upgraded to the full computerized SynScan system by simply changing the hand control to a SynScan hand control.

Steve , are you saying you can get the GOTO system just by attaching a V3.12 hand controller ?

Does the mount have the guide port ?

John

Will the hand set's price come down? as won't need the motors in the package?

The handset price has come down. No mention of it coming down further - sorry.

I'm afraid you do need the motors (and motherboard) which are stronger and more precise than the regular HEQ5 and EQ6 motors.

Steve , are you saying you can get the GOTO system just by attaching a V3.12 hand controller ?

Yes, if you own one of these new SynTrek mounts you need only add the controller - the mounts already have the stepper-motors and mother-board from the PRO mounts 8)

Will the hand set's price come down? as won't need the motors in the package?

The handset price has come down. No mention of it coming down further - sorry.

I'm afraid you do need the motors (and motherboard) which are stronger and more precise than the regular HEQ5 and EQ6 motors.

Yes, if you own one of these new SynTrek mounts you need only add the controller - the mounts already have the stepper-motors and mother-board from the PRO mounts 8)

Guide port ?

John

Thanks Steve, Is there an image of the sockets. The reason why I ask , the hand control from the HEQ5 has an RJ plug on the end of the lead that goes into the mount but the socket on the EQ6 has a DB9? socket. I was hoping to use the HEQ5 hand control with this new EQ6 mount.

John

Is there an image of the sockets. The reason why I ask , the hand control from the HEQ5 has an RJ plug on the end of the lead that goes into the mount but the socket on the EQ6 has a DB9? socket. I was hoping to use the HEQ5 hand control with this new EQ6 mount.

I'll make some enquiries...

Do these help:

HEQ5 Syntrek.jpg

EQ6 SynTrek with Handset.jpg

So.....Will the HEQ5 still be available for the time being or will it be replaced by these? It's just that the 'accountant' has authorised the purchase of said HEQ5 when I get my bonus in March :D But these are a bit more expensive (dont suppose the 10% discount is available :D) and not sure if i could stretch to one,

The long term plan is HEQ5 this year, SkyScan upgrade next bonus.....

Next year PST......

Next year....

Archived