Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Skywatcher EQ6 & HEQ5 Syntrek mounts

FLO

Unless you can find a lead to go between the handset and mount. The HEQ5 and EQ6 pro handsets are identical.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Yep , it would have to be an RJ to D9 lead. If I ever sold the HEQ5 I would have to let the buyer have the hand set.

So it might be best if got the EQ6 pro anyway.

John

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use D9 to RJ45 at work all the time for cisco equipment and the leads are readily available assuming the pin outs are the same.

Thanks for that KK.

Will look up to see who stocks this cable.

John

PS £3-49 - that was easy - first cable firm I looked at.

So.....Will the HEQ5 still be available for the time being or will it be replaced by these?

The HEQ5 is not being replaced - it is a hugely popular mount and I doubt that will change. I see the SynTrek as Skywatcher strengthening thier position in the market. Performance per £, the HEQ5 and EQ6 range of mounts are currently unbeatable.

• 3 years later...

I Have a 127mak on a goto skywatcher ALT/AZ mount both Martin from FLO and myself have searched the net for a Firmware update so I could use my existing HC on the SKW HEQ5 Syntrek mount as I think that the price of the handset is to say the least pricey as to date no update seems to be forthcoming, However Ive still ordered the mount (Above Budget) but I'm sure Martin will find a cheap workaround ( Get out of that one Martin) all joking to one side I'm sure that there is software that you can use on your laptop to control the mount only I wish they were not as complicated as EQMOD

Archived