Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explorer Scientific Eyepieces

Selborne

I mean, why buy a hyperwide if you are more comfortable viewing the fieldstop??

That is the primary reason behind my choice of Pentax XW over Naglers / Ethos. 70° is just right for me and when I bought them, the Delos range wasn't released.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damo,

That is interesting because I find it much harder to see the full FOV with the LX on say the 13mm Ethos than I do when using it on the refractor.

I am like you I find the Nagler is the limit on higher magnification and prefrer the Delos if I am honest. The shortest Nagler I have is 7mm which gets most use on the 115mm APO, I don't think I have ever had it in the focuser of the LX. This was my reason behind wanting to reverse the Ethos Delos combo at 8mm and 10mm, I didn't really think that one through which was a silly mistake to make as it will cost me to put it right, having bought both new.

Fits in well with what Rik is saying too.

When we get down to near limit mag' I don't even mind the Radian in fact it is very good, this kick in at x200ish on the Refractor and X250 on the M/N 190mm, both in my books at or close to the maximum on these scopes, I have never been one to push magnification even in my excellent location. I am a bit different now to when I started 40 years ago, trying x600 on a 3 inch refractor. Silly boy.

Alan.

Hi Selborne

I used My Explorer Scientific 20mm 100fov tonight for the first time and was amazed at the bands on Jupiter how clear and shape it was and the ,double cluster WOW factor (one at a time of course) I did match the eyepieces against TV 22mm Nagler t4 E/S was better on Jupiter showed up the bans better and about the same on double cluster the weather here wasfair to good 3C wide speed 7 mph hunidity 94%

when I get the E/S 14mm 100fov in about 3 days I will let you Know about that one weather permitting and try to do a better comparison

IMHO Explorer Scientific 20mm 100fov is really worth the money so get them before they sell out I got all three eyepieces from OPT.com there service was excelent and the guys name is Ralph

Oceanside Photo & Telescope

918 Mission Avenue

Oceanside, CA 92054

I would love you to write up where it came from as it would appear it didn't come with a free week of clouds.

Alan.

He lies! He lies ! Burn him !

Nice one Doug, that EP case must be getting heavy!

Barry

Congratulations on your new 20mm ExSc, I would love you to write up where it came from as it would appear it didn't come with a free week of clouds.

Alan.

Thanks for the congats ,I will say I really do love these E/S eyepieces I was told that they don't come with a free week of cloud as the eyepieces is water proof :grin:

I have just noticest your scope is a LX200 12" OMG you would love these eyepieces in your scope

I also notice that you have TV ,Meade UWA .and Pentax you have great taste in all things :smiley:

Congrats Doug on another fine addition to the family! Only the 25mm to go & the brood will be complete :-)

My brood get so ungree for stars it's hard to feed them all at once with this weather :smiley:

as it goes I purchased a new case for my eyepieces a few weeks ago and I went to pick it up and I nearly pulled my shoulder ,it's very heavy and there not all it one case and i'm not getting any younger :embarrassed:

clear skies

That'll be lifting all those 100 degree beasts :D

Now thats a challenge that I'd like Tele Vue to take up. The 1st generation (Types 1 and 2) Naglers were big and heavy eyepieces. The Type 4, 5 and 6 Naglers managed to produce even better performance and significant reductions in size and weight.

So a 2nd Generation Ethos range could reduce the weight / bulk and make further improvements in eye relief, contrast and sharpness. A 13mm 100 degree Ethos T2 around the size and weight of a 32mm plossl !

Unless ES get there first of course :smiley:

Unless ES get there first of course :smiley:
Or they follow the current pattern and develop an ES180 9mm that weighs 14kg, replaces every EP you own and you are required to buy a helmet shaped interface to allow you to place your entire face in the EP. It's just a rumour, but the £1m UK ($30 US) price will actually include councelling for mind-blown astronomers.

Russell

Or they follow the current pattern and develop an ES180 9mm that weighs 14kg, replaces every EP you own and you are required to buy a helmet shaped interface to allow you to place your entire face in the EP. It's just a rumour, but the £1m UK ($30 US) price will actually include councelling for mind-blown astronomers.

Russell

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived