NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ISS Tonight

Respect... these are rather good :icon_salut: I fancy having a go at the ISS some time. However, after the stress of capturing 2012/DA14 on Friday I know its no mean feat to try and track! Think I should let the blood pressure settle for a bit first.. :grin:

Well done..

Was very misty here Jammo and got worse as the evening went on. The camera's high frame rate helped get the most out of the fleeting passes through the field of view. Focusing and getting the exposure close to what it should be on the moon beforehand helped as well. I'm tempted to try with a 2x barlow next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Great images!

However, that is all complete nonsense!

Agree on both counts :) I'd really like to see this 6mm eyepiece/magnification thing stomped on. I think it actually does nothing but confuse people.

James

It is not just the comparing the size of the camera's sensor to that of an EP, it is then following on and somehow calculating a value for the "magnification". This makes no sense for an imaging setup and as James said needs to be stomped on or beginners will start doing the same.

However, this side issue is distracting from the excellent ISS images that this thread is actually about so I will leave the subject alone now.

Archived