Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filter set help

Hi all

Just received an EP and filter set from Sky-Watcher.

There are four filters in the box.

No 80A - Blue

No 21 - Orange

No 96-0.9 - Light Grey

Moon

I've no problem understanding what the last one is for, but anyone able to tell me about the other three?

Cheers

Ed

I bought an EP kit yrs ago and it included a few coloured filters and a Moon filter. I tried the coloured filters on planets and saw no difference. The Moon filter was good. The Moon filter is the only one i still have and use sometimes. The coloured filters, i sent away for free to the UK to another SGL member who wanted them.

You may use the Moon filter when there is a full Moon. As for the coloured ones.................you might try them twice and then never use them again.

What EP's did yop get in the Skywatcher kit?.

The ND96 (0.9) is a neutral density filter or a Moon filter in other words so its a bit of a fallacy that the set contains this and a so- called 'Moon' filter, incidently, the 'Moon' filter is rubbish, the ND filter is much better, the 0.9 refers to the density which gives 13% light transmission (if it were an 0.6 this would give 25% and a 0.3 would give 50% light transmission, companies like Orion and Lumicon call these ND13, ND25 and ND50 respectively).

Archived