Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL 125RS - Direct from the Mother Russia

I think i am going to side with Dave,f15 on this, the 100rs is a real sweet telescope, i would not be with out my one, having owned a huge amount of achromats, i find the 100rs is still the very best, and a bargain, consider there have been several people have optical issue`s with the 125r, and for the price you are getting very close to a decent well cared for evostar 120ED

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear in mind that email was not from Tal/NPZ in Novosibirsk, but from LZOS in Moscow, who are glass suppliers to Tal(and probably most others). Some of the best Apo's use glass from there. Quality outfit, but they're obviously putting a premium onto Tal's list price....................

+ $500 premium. Yowzer :shocked::sad:

When the 125R WAS for sale here in the UK, in the mid 2000's, it was offered for sale at £599. x3 the cost of the 100RS at the time.

http://web.archive.o...PageHistory=cat

So the Italian website price is not far off and it is in europe where most things ARE more expensive generally. But with the £-€ going bleargh the last few days, you're probably paying an extra £50 compared to a few weeks or months ago.

Not terribly cheap. It's one of those decisions that has to be made, when something is difficult to source or is rare. You have to really want something if you're willing to pay a bit more and it's up to the individual. Everyone's got a different outlook.

Oh God.

Don't give Tony ideas. I can just visualise him setting up a trip in a longboat, in Viking garb, travelling down the Volga into the heart of Russia, shouting 'we have come for your scopes'

Just catching up on some "old" posts here.

This idea was formulating in my mind before I got to this one ... you're reading my mind Andy!

I gotthe exact reply from them, only i was enquiring about a 125R (achro) I thought $1250 US was a bit steep and their shipping added another 199 on that.

I have contacted Technosky and even sorted an Italian VAT number, the only hitch I have hit now after speaking with others is getting some statement on the optics when they leave italy, it seems sometimes they arrive in less than adequate states.

I don't know if I dare commit to buy so far away with no quality assurance. let us all know if it comes in a decent condition, the price I got from technosky was 780 euro plus 32 euro postal, that is with VAT added.

One of my Bulgarian friends tells me the factory is an old arms factory or at least something to do with that sort of thing, he has been to the place Nobolinsk or something like that.

I like Tal stuff, bomb proof, though I have only had my hands on the 8 inch SC version they do, it comes in a coffin, well there was a surplus of them.

Let us know how you get on.

Alan.

Archived