NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Foam!!

My search powers are weak (old man) and I can't seem to find some replacement foam for my EP case (perhaps stop chopping and changing would be a good start eh?). Has anyone got a handy link for the 'diced' pluckable stuff?

Ta muchly

Tony..

... funny you should say that Bill... :evil: I'll be away up there tomorrow!

Arthur

Nice one Bill,

I'm just nipping down to Maplins to get one now! 8)

Hugh

Crikey - I wondered what you were on about but just checked and they are indeed reduced to £14.99. They were £30 when I originally posted - must by psychic !!! :smiley:

Bill£ :(

• 2 weeks later...

I checked using Bill's link http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36796&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=CASE&doy=26m10

They seemed a bit confused at the shop until I told them I'd checked their stock level online (8 at the time I think), then they went and had a "proper" look...

I'm very pleased with it, compared to the Lidl ones it seems better built and comes with the all important pluck foam.

Quick question here, I've put my eyepieces in with just caps on, should I really be storing them in the bolt cases/boxes inside the case? I do put a few silica sachets in as well.

Cheers

Hugh

Quick question here, I've put my eyepieces in with just caps on, should I really be storing them in the bolt cases/boxes inside the case? I do put a few silica sachets in as well.

Hugh, that's a good question. Mine just live in a case with their caps on and I use a couple of large-ish silica gel sachets. I've never had a problem but I am prepared to be convinced that there is a beter way to go.

Cheers,

Keith

Archived