Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moon light rainbow

Got to love a good moonbow! I have seen one, quite some time ago, and even longer ago I saw an upside down rainbow. Still have the old 35mm photo somewhere, must dig it out.
upside down? I can't figure out how that would work....any more info?

A lovely capture. I was fortunate to see one of these, many years ago. Took a photo but had the camera stolen the next day and that was in the days of film. I was more upset at losing that shot than the camera.

Of course to the naked eye the colour isn't visible. Rather like nebulae through a telescope.

Dave

Aye, that's probably the kitten! I ws about 9 at the time, was a beautiful thing for a kid to see, will always stay with me :)

Nice! Never seen one of those myself though have seen a few sun dogs.

There are some amazing photos out there that seem to show about 5 different types of halo effect in one view! Would love to catch something like that.

Brilliant photo.

I remember seeing a moonbow quite a few years ago when wending my way back home from the pub, hence the camera was not available :grin: :grin: . I was in Ullapool in the NW Highlands at the time, and it stretched right across the entrance to Loch Broom - some sight!!

Archived